Friday, May 15, 2009

A "Complex" Friday



Its the freakin' weekend, and as usual I love getting in a great training session on fridays. I had my 130lb sandbag, 1.5 pood kettlebell, and unlike wednesday, a ride or die attitude to just kill it today!

The Warm Up
1. Push Ups 3x15
2. Pull Ups 3x8
3. Squats 2x20
4. Reverse Lunges 2x20 (10 ea)

Sandbag Complex x 4 sets
1. Clean & Press x 4
2. Shouldering x 4 (2 ea side)
3. Bear Hug Squats x 4
4. Bentover Rows x 4
***this little complex tore me up and smashed every muscle in my body. Sandbag complexes are an awesome way to kill 2 (or more) birds with one stone.

Litvisprints:
***these were inspired from this article by Dan John Litvinov Workout
1. Kb Snatches x 8 (left & right)+ 50 yard sprint x 3 sets
***this looked almost too easy on paper, but as Dan John points out in the article, you just feel kinda "funny" after one of these. Really, 3 sets is all you need.

Have a great weekend everybody!

No comments: